Thursday, January 7, 2010

Anyone got a good recipe for Ham Gravy?

I am lookin for a relatively simple recipe for ham gravy.Anyone got a good recipe for Ham Gravy?
YOu can buy a can of dried ham from Hormel. Fry in in a little grease, add flour, stir until brown, add 2-3 cups milk. Let boil 1-2 minutes and add salt and pepper. this is great on toast and bisquits.Anyone got a good recipe for Ham Gravy?
Chopped ham, milk, flour and salt. YUM!
Yeah, Loads of fat, too much cholesterol, and a heaping of lard. Sorry, I know, If I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I couldn't resist. I can't stand ham.
How about Red Eye Gravy instead? It's awesome with ham... and a favorite in the south.
I have a HUGE collection of cookbooks/magazines/recipes and cannot find a single recipe for ham gravy...perhaps that is why ham is so frequently served with yams???

No comments:

Post a Comment