Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does anyone have a recipe for ham baked with Jack Daniels?

The recipe was in a Jack Daniels ad within the past 6-8 years. It was a fabulous Easter main dish.Does anyone have a recipe for ham baked with Jack Daniels?
I wonder if this is what you mean.....





Jack Daniel's Glazed Ham





4 to 6 pound boneless fully cooked smoked ham half


1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed


1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey


1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel


1/8 teaspoon ground cloves


1/4 teaspoon ground allspice


orange slices, thinly sliced


curly endive, for garnish





Preheat oven to 325掳.





On a rack in a roasting pan, roast ham, uncovered, for about 20 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer reads 140掳 F.





Before ham is done, simmer a mixture of the brown sugar, Jack Daniel's whiskey, orange peel, cloves, and allspice over medium low heat for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.





Brush the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before done.





Serve the ham garnished with orange slices and endive, if desired.





Serves 6 to 8Does anyone have a recipe for ham baked with Jack Daniels?
I don't have a ';recipe'; but my family has been baking ham with jack since I was a kid.





We take a ham, put it in a pot with some water in the bottom and then pour a mix of jack and other stuff (worchestishire, heinz 57, mustard, lemon juice, coke, etc.) over it and let it cook with lid on for 45 minutes. Then we put it on the grill (that's really important, it gives it a great color, taste and smell) for 45 minutes and baste it with the same sauce. Then we put it back in the pot and let is cook until we are ready to eat it. MMMMMM.
I don't have an answer but I'm glad you asked the question. We don't drink Whiskey but my husband always gets liquor for gifts at Christmas. We've had a large bottle of Jack Daniels for several years and don't know what to do with it. I'll try this. I hope it's still good after it has been opened. I think I drank some last year when I had a cold to help me sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment