Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am looking for a ham ball recipe. Does anyone have a good one or know where to find one??

I was at a Christmas party a few years ago and we had a ham ball that had ham, pineapple, onions, and sour cream in it but I don't know the exact recipe for it. I loved it and I want to make it for my wedding reception. Can anyone help me find it or something like it?I am looking for a ham ball recipe. Does anyone have a good one or know where to find one??
Ham Balls in Pineapple Sauce





Ingredients


1/2 lb ground pork


1 lb ground ham


3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs


2 eggs


1/2 cup milk


2 tablespoons minced onions


1 cup crushed pineapple


1/2 cup brown sugar


1 tablespoon vinegar


2-3 tablespoons mustard








Mix together the pork, ham, bread crumbs, eggs, milk and onion, then form into 18-1 1/2'; balls.


Place the ham balls in a baking dish.


Mix together the pineapple, sugar, vinegar and mustard.


Pour over the ham balls and bake at 350掳F for 1 1/2 hours, basting frequently.








I hope this was helpful,Take Care!!! :)I am looking for a ham ball recipe. Does anyone have a good one or know where to find one??
Sounds like a Hawaain ham ball








I would add a lil onion to this :)








Hawaiian Spread


1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened


1/2 cup sour cream


1 can (8 oz) Crushed Pineapple, well drained


1/4 cup mango chutney*


Crackers





Beat cream cheese, sour cream, crushed pineapple and chutney in bowl until blended. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate any leftover spread in airtight container for up to one week
See if this sounds like the recipe that you seek:





From COOKS.COM


Deviled Nut Ball


2 (4 1/2 oz. each) cans Underwood deviled ham


12 oz. cream cheese, softened


1/2 c. drained, crushed pineapple


3 tbsp. minced green pepper


1 tsp. minced onion


1/4 tsp. liquid hot pepper sauce


1/2 c. chopped pecans


1/2 c. chopped parsley


Assorted crackers





In a medium bowl, mix together ham and cream cheese. Stir in pineapple, green pepper, onion, and hot pepper sauce. Chill 2 - 3 hours. On waxed paper, form mixture into a ball or log and roll in pecans and parsley to coat completely. Serve with crackers. Makes 2 cups spread.





This sounds scrumptious...I might just have to try this recipe myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment