Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ham and potato recipes, but have questions before I try one.?

Looking at several recipes. Wondering about ..........





why you would add dry mustard???


What can I use instead of cream of mush. soup?? (I hate mushrooms)


Which is cheese is better? Velvetta cheese? Shredded cheddar? Cheddar cheese soup??Ham and potato recipes, but have questions before I try one.?
Dry mustard brings out the flavor of the ham. I can't explain it but I use it all the time, it is a wonderful spice. You can use any cream of soup that you want, I don't like mushrooms either! As for the cheese I would use velveeta, if you cant get your hands on that then use cheddar cheese soup. I would stay away from shredded cheddar unless you are putting some on top to crisp up towards then end of baking. Hope this helps!Ham and potato recipes, but have questions before I try one.?
You won't be able to taste a mustardy taste with it, it just enhances flavor. And use cream of anything else soup. I use cream of celery a lot. And for melting, your best bet is Velveeta, although I prefer real sharp cheddar.
the dry mustard adds a subtle tanginess,I usually sub cream of shroom soup with cream of chicken and shredded cheddar would be the best....it adds the gooey texture and kinda holds it all together! Try it! Its yummy
The dry mustard will give it a tart taste--leave out.Use cream of cheddar soup.The Velveeta is so good in baked dishes...There's my opinion.Thanks for 2......
I don't get the dry mustard thing either. And i wouldn't use any cream of soup actually. Try doing a potato/ham casserole using a homemade white sauce mixed with sharp cheddar..oh gawd never use Velvetta..ewww. Velvetta is only good as a dip as far as i am concerned.
I don't know. But I do know that ';livinghot2005'; is a nasty, ugly assed witch who doesn't know a thing. Ignore her because she is a racist scumbag. She said you were dumb?? Look at her spelling, grammar, etc. You will find out who is dumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment