Thursday, December 24, 2009

What is your honest opinion about this ham recipe?

I am bringing the ham to Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's house this year. This woman at work told me that after I thaw out the ham to prepare it to cook, to put an inch of water in the bottom of the pan and then pour an entire can of coca-cola over the ham. She swears by it and says it makes the meat taste so good and tender. I was really leary about doing this but now I wonder if it's not that bad of an idea to try once. What do you think?What is your honest opinion about this ham recipe?
Ths acids in the coke would help to tenderize it but honestly I don't think it would be a good Thanksgiving dinner to try at someone else's house if you're really curious do it when you can throw it away if it sucks My family has done that with brisket and it is good but a ham is more salty naturally and it just doesn't sound good to me. I'd look for a good maple/brown sugar glaze and just cook the ham and glaze safe and good.What is your honest opinion about this ham recipe?
It works my friend! Take the plunge!
My mom always bakes ham in 7-up. The acid in the soda really does tenderize the meat. I think she uses 7-up because the flavor goes better with the pineapple rings she garnishes her ham with.





I wouldn't be surprised if Coke has the same effect, but I can only vouch for 7-up.
i think that is a good idea.
Pouring soda over ham tastes great. It adds a sweet flavor to the ham. Similar to a honey ham and makes it more tender.
Coca Cola Ham is an old Deep Soutern stand-by: it will work, it will be delicious and it will be EASY - keep basting use regular coke - not diet





If you want to get facy stick some pinapple and cherried on with tooth pick to take





Just as pouring Molasses on ham is done by Frencn Canadians





Here in Texas we put Brown sugar, Cajun Mustard and red pepper
I've had it, it's good, but I've had better.
it could work. juices do; why can't coke?
Actually I do that with my hamburgers! you can't taste the coca-cola at all. it just makes it tender and juicy.
It is a great idea, that is almost the same as i do min . Ill tell you how. Well the night before i get the ham ready I will stab it a few times to give it some holes to suck up all the liquid. Then i pour some coke over it and then i rub it down with brown surgar I repeat the steps a few times. and then put it in the oven in the morning. You will need to baste it once an hour when you do baste it pour a fresh can of coke over it. you will know when it;s done because the meat will pull off the bone. It is so tasty. It tastes like a honey ham kinda and it is so tender. Enjoy!!!!! and i dont use any water.
I think that's an excellent idea!!!
  • oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment